Roast Chicken with Pear
This family-friendly recipe couldn't be simpler to prepare... Roast a whole chicken with sliced pears and green onions for a sweet, caramelized glaze that's simple to make.
- Whole Chicken from Honey Creek Farm in Russiaville, IN
- 4 Ripe Pears from Halelujah Acres in Lebanon, IN
- Fresh Chives from Greener Side Gardens in Russiaville, IN
To add all these items to your cart now, click here.
- Fully defrost your chicken overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil your roasting pan, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Chop the white and/or lighter green portions of your fresh chive bunch and place on bottom of the pan.
- Slice the pears and layer on top of the chives.
- Place the whole chicken breast-down on top of the pears.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven, increase temperature to 400 degrees, turn the chicken over so the breast-side is up and bake uncovered for 15 more minutes, or until the skin becomes golden brown.
Serve with pan-juices and pears as a garnish.
We have partnered with AteSeven.com to share stories of local food. Try this recipe, and tell us how you liked it. Share your story at AteSeven.com.